The purpose of this role is to be the primary contact for customers and is responsible for maintaining customer accounts and files and providing product and service information across all aspects of companies Pacific’s vertical businesses and industries. (Beverage, Emerging, Environmental and Perishables). The position partners with the Sales Department, fellow Account Specialists, Production, Inventory Control, Scheduling, Shipping, Logistics and Finance teams to ensure customer accounts, order status, production receipts and shipping are accurate in the system. Responsible for scalability of multiple accounts to small and medium customers with high complexity. This position will report to the Customer Service Manager.
- Set up new customer accounts.
- Maintain and update customer records and files.
- Take customer orders either directly from customers or Sales Representative.
- Lead all post Sales efforts to ensure customer needs are met and their order experience is positive allowing Sales to focus on growth of accounts.
- Communicate with customers regarding issues such as order status, quotations, order changes and confirmations, as well as any complaints or questions.
- Expedite, track and review customer scheduling requirements. Analyze and interpret data to ensure all customer requirements are met.
- Work with Plant Managers to request and prepare customer product and service reports.
- Work hand-in-hand with Sales and internal partners to ensure deliverables are being met to satisfy customer needs, drive revenue, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with both scheduling and to ensure customer deliverables are met.
- Supports sales with understanding the prioritization of orders being submitted by customer.
- Carry out other associate duties as directed by the Customer Service Manager
Drive for Results
- In collaboration with Sales Operations team, monitor the aging inventory report to sales and/or the customer when stock reaches 90 days. Work with the customer and/or sales to ship or warehouse and bill overaged inventory.
- Provide monthly strategic forecasting data that improves capacity utilization, manages costs, increases efficiencies, and better supports customer needs.
- Monitor progress of customers’ orders through supplied manufacturing reports, keeping customers informed on the status of their orders.
- Take a lead role and represent Sales by addressing operational solutions/issues at customer sites
- Be the voice of the customer and communicate relevant information / make recommendations to the appropriate attention is given in a timely manner
- Responsible for processing customer Requests for Quotes (RFQ) for units and parts within company guidelines.
- Own the entire process of all customer service inquiries that ensure we have delivered a “World Class” customer experience that creates retention and new opportunities.
- Initiate correction process to resolve customer complaints and service requests, coordinating with appropriate departments.
- Balance and troubleshoot daily order activity, including identification and resolution of discrepancies.
- Analyze, interpret, process and edit incoming orders and order changes according to established departmental guidelines and procedures. Check pricing, part number and revision levels, shipping requirements, condition of sales, etc. to ensure order accuracy. Determine and schedule ship date to initiate material and production cycle.
- Review customer warranty and submit warranty claims.
- Initiate creative problem solving strategies that provide options to customers but also support our business.
- Ensure shipment load optimization, incoming EDI orders, document freight issues, and manage and report on customer lead-time violations.
- Communicate immediately to Sales Reps and Customer Service Manager regarding potential service issues, customer disputes or significant opportunities.
- Assist plant managers with customer product challenges and anything additional that’s needed to warehouse efficiencies.
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with customers
- Daily utilization of SalesForce and ERP (JD Edwards)
- Manages follow-up activities to ensure timeliness and deadlines are maintained.
- Maintain department files of customer orders, correspondence, critical reports and related information.
- Champion and exhibit our core values
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- 5+ years customer service experience/training
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong technical skills; including Excel & SalesForce
- Must be able to work under pressure, see the bigger picture, prioritize effectively, and think logically in stressful situations.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and decision-making abilities
- Strong organizational skills and be able to manage multiple tasks/projects
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and capabilities.
- Integrity and Trust
- Action Oriented
- Positive and supportive attitude and mindset
Minimum 10 - 20% of time spent traveling by airplane.
Job may require physical lifting of product. (Samples of crates, trays, pallets, etc.)