This role will be critically responsible for providing leadership and support for the Customer Service team focusing on
coaching/development, relationship building, and continuous improvement. S/He will execute initiatives and
drive/empower team members to effectively provide best-in-class customer service for customers at our offices across
all products and services. The Manager will support the Customer Service team and functions across all contact
channels to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction and service level achievement. Acts as the liaison between Sales
and Operations to help balance both internal and external needs. Must have the ability to work with all levels within the
organization, including executive leadership, and have the confidence to challenge and lead change. Reporting to the
Director of Customer Service, the Customer Service Manager should have experience leading teams in a manufacturing
environment to deliver a great customer experience across multiple industries.
Drive processes to alleviate complexity
- Review, change and improve processes where necessary to facilitate continuous departmental improvement in line with enhancing customer experience and organizational efficiency.
- Highlight recurring issues and suggest ways to streamline the platform in order to avoid these issues going forward.
- Continuously evaluate, identify, and support opportunities to drive process improvements that will increase accurate output from the Customer Service team. Accurately compile and generate reports as they relate to customer service.
- Works closely with planning/scheduling balancing the needs of the customer and capabilities of the plants to deliver the best customer experience
- Effectively train, coach, and develop the team to provide best-in-class customer service
- Manage, report on, and develop a deep understanding of the overall performance of the customer service organization: service levels, customer satisfaction, budget and revenue generation opportunities.
- In collaboration with Customer Service Manager peers, develop, implement and consistently execute best-in-class customer service standards utilizing departmental KPI’s/metrics.
- Lead and manage a team of Account Specialists and assist in resolving daily escalated issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide daily direction and communication to Account Specialists to ensure inbound calls are answered in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
- Empower the team to take ownership of responsibilities and accounts driving results
- Foster and encourage an environment where team members not only hold themselves accountable, but also team members and functional partners.
- Provide ongoing communication and information to customers and internal departments regarding the company’s products, programs and/or services.
- Interface and help coordinate sales-customer service activities between customers, sales and the company.
- Coordinate and communicate sales activities between customers and company departments to ensure on-time, efficient and accurate deliveries.
- Be the voice of the customer balancing the needs of the customer and understanding the capabilities of operations
- Oversee the company’s customer service program and associates, handling communications with customers and prospective customers.
- Proactively identify barriers that lead to process gaps and lead initiatives to implement solutions
- Implement and help monitor good systems and procedures to minimize and/or resolve incidents as well as document and communicate any incidents to department heads for assistance and resolution.
- Guide operational issues as they surface; propose changes to systems/processes/business alignment to fix root causes.
- Develop service level standards focused on response times and issue resolution.
- Lead by example by living the core values, provide insight, and recognize team members for adhering to our core values.
- Hold Rehrig’s core values in highest regard when making business decisions with customers and internal partners.
- Effectively on-board and help train new employees in company procedures, systems, safety guidelines, and all departmental work processes.
- Ability to effectively coach, develop, and mentor associates.
- Clear articulation of direction and inspire the team to work towards a common goal.
- Stay up to date on industry standards and any new innovations, materials, tools and/or processes that can benefit the company.
- Daily utilization of SalesForce and ERP (JD Edwards)
- Acts as a fill in for other roles (Peer Customer Service Manager and Account Specialists) when required.
- Ability to have difficulty conversations with customers and team members.
- Champion our core values.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four year college or university
- 5+ years of experience managing a team with 10+ years in Customer Service with demonstrated track record.
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience managing workforce planning processes and training in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Ability to coordinate with various functional teams to drive improvement in the customer experience.
- Passion for putting the customer first and managing teams to drive success.
Minimum 20 - 25% of time spent traveling by airplane.
Job may require physical lifting of product. (Samples of crates, trays, pallets, etc.)