Here are the BEST interview questions for Sales Careers.
- “Why did you choose selling as a career?”
- “How do you feel about selling as a profession?”
- “Why are you looking for a new position?”
- “What kind of person would you like to work for?”
- “What would your boss say about you if I called?”
- “What are your short-term and long-term goals?”(ask for specifics)
Work History Questions
- “Tell me about your best sale ever”.
- “What was your best boss like?”;
- “What was your worst boss like?”
- “What was your most disappointing work experience?”
- “Name 3 areas of improvement your current boss has recommended to you”
- “Tell me what improvements you have made in the past 2 years”.
- “How many hours a day do you feel a person should spend on his or her job?”
- “Whom do you admire most and why?” (leave open-ended)
- “What environment would you thrive in?”
- “What are you most proud of?”
- “Do you consider yourself lucky?”
- “Tell me about the last time you broke the rules”.
- “Describe how you would close a sale for our company”.
- When a prospect says, “It looks great. Let me go over a few things and call me in two weeks”, what do say?
- Your boss has an urgent request for you and, at the same time, your best client calls with a situation that needs immediate attention. Which one do you take care of first?
- Another sales rep closes one of your prospects while you were on vacation. How do you handle it?
- Your best client calls and informs you your competition just quoted him/her 8% lower than your best price. How do you handle it?